Servings: 5 servings (2 sandwiches per serving)
- 8 ounces Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar
- 1 18" baguette with flaky crust
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Slice the bread on the diagonal into slides 1/2 to 3/4" thick; there should be at least 20 slices of bread.
- Break the chocolate into 1/2 ounce squares. Butter one side of each slice of bread with 1/2 teaspoon of butter and make a sandwich, butter side out, using a piece and a half of chocolate per sandwich.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and, in batches, cook each sandwich until golden brown, pressing down with a spatula.
- Flip the sandwiches and cook the second side until golden brown, about 30 seconds.
- Keep warm in the oven.
- The sandwiches can also be made in a panini machine following the manufacturer's instructions.
Write Your Own Review