Chocolate Crackle Cookies
Servings: 60 cookies
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Ghirardelli 100% Unsweetened Ground Cocoa
- 1 tablespoon Instant espresso
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 4 tablespoons Butter, unsalted
- 2/3 cup Dark-brown sugar, packed
- 1 Egg, large
- 4 ounces Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- 1/2 cup Confectioners' sugar, for coating
- Stir together flour, Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa, espresso, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and brown sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in egg until well combined; mix in cooled Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate. Reduce speed to low, and gradually add flour mixture; beat in milk until just combined.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap. Freeze until firm, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Shape dough into 1/2-inch balls (exactly 1 teaspoon each).
- Pour confectioners' sugar into a medium bowl; working in batches, roll balls in sugar 2 times, letting them sit in sugar between coatings.
- Place on baking sheets, spacing each 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies have spread and coating is cracked, 10 to 12 minutes; cookies will still be soft to the touch. Let cookies cool on a wire rack.
Write Your Own Review