Chocolate Coconut Brownie Bars
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 10-ounce bags Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1-1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut or crushed peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 12x8 1/2-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, add flour, baking soda and salt and whisk together. Combine 1 bag Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and corn syrup in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 20 seconds. Stir and continue to heat in 15 to 20 second increments, stirring each time, until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Add flour mixture and melted chocolate and stir until combined.
- Spread dough evenly on prepared baking sheet. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until edges look crispy and center is set. Let cool completely. Cut 3 rows lengthwise and then into 2-inch wide bars.
- Heat heavy cream over medium heat until just about to boil. Remove from heat and add second bag of Ghirardelli Baking Chips and cover. Let sit for 1 minute and then whisk until smooth.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside. Dip half of each cookie bar in melted chocolate and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle with coconut or peanuts and repeat with remaining cookie bars.
Write Your Own Review