Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil, pumpkin, vanilla and egg until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined, then stir in the chocolate chips. Do not over-mix.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the parchment-lined baking sheets, leaving about two inch between the cookies. Bake for about 12 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in the center of one of the cookies comes out clean. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet on a wire rack for a few minutes, and then remove the cookies with a spatula and finish cooling the directly on the racks.
- Repeat with the remainder of the batter, re-using the baking sheets once they're cool enough.
Write Your Own Review