Autumn Spiced Candy Corn with Caramel Drizzle
Servings: 16 cups
- 16 cups popped popcorn (about 1/2 cup unpopped kernels)
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1 1/2 cups Ghirardelli Dark Melting Wafers
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Pour popped popcorn into an extra large bowl.In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, molasses and pumpkin pie spice.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Boil for 4 minutes without stirring.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda.Immediately pour caramel sauce over the popcorn and stir to evenly coat the popcorn. If desired, stir in pecans.
- Pour caramel corn onto prepared baking sheets and spread into an even layer with a rubber spatula.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Allow caramel corn to cool completely. Melt Ghirardelli Dark Melting Wafers according to package directions and drizzle candy coating over cooled caramel corn.
- Allow candy coating to set and break caramel corn into pieces before serving.
Write Your Own Review