3 cups packaged baking mix
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter
2/3 cup half and half
1 1/2 cups Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries or sliced strawberries
Sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together baking mix and the 1/4 cup sugar.
- Cut butter into baking mix using a pastry blender or two forks until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center of mixture. Add half-and-half all at once. Stir with a fork just until moistened. Stir in Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips.
- On a lightly floured surface, pat dough into a 9x8-inch rectangle about 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Cut into 16 squares.
- Bake on a greased baking sheet for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack; let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve shortcakes with berries and whipped cream.
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: 10 minutes