1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
2 1⁄2 cups Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips (or 2x10 oz. bags)
1 teaspoon shortening (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.
- Stir in any remaining flour with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Stir in the 2 cups Ghirardelli®; 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or just until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to wire racks; cool completely.
- If desired, for chocolate drizzle, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the ⅟₂ cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and the shortening. Microwave on medium power (50 percent) for 1 minute. Remove and stir. If chocolate is not melted, return to microwave and repeat heating step, stirring every 30 seconds to avoid scorching. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.
- Enjoy immediately, store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
In this recipe: