Black and White Macaroons
This product is currently not available.
Out of Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
Ratings & Reviews
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until foamy. Add the cream of tartar and salt; continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the sugar and vanilla, beating until stiff but not dry. Fold in the coconut and 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, 1 to 2 inches apart.
- Sprinkle the cookies with the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the surfaces begin to crack.
- Cool completely before removing the cookies from the foil. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
- Humidity has an adverse effect on meringues. For best results, make this recipe on a day with low humidity.
- ContributedBy: Ghirardelli
- Ingredients: <p>1 <sup>1</sup>/<sub>2</sub> cups Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips<br />3 large egg whites<br /><sup>1</sup>/<sub>4</sub> teaspoon cream of tartar<br /><sup>1</sup>/<sub>4</sub> teaspoon salt<br />1 cup granulated sugar<br />1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract<br />2 cups flaked coconut</p>
- ServingSize: 48 cookies