Mini Chip White Cupcakes
Servings: 24 cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cups Ghirardelli Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 3/4 cups + 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 325°F.
Paper line or grease 2 x 24 mini cupcake molds.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. On medium speed, beat the butter and sugar in large bowl until light. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Stir together the milk, lemon juice and the vanilla. On low speed, add half the milk mixture. Mix until well incorporated.
Add the remaining milk mixture and the dry ingredients in the same manner.
Add 1 cup mini chocolate chips to the batter and stir. Fill each cavity to the top.
Bake on the middle oven rack for about 20-22 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.
Cool cupcakes in their pans for 10 minutes. Then unmold and cool on a wire rack.
Frost the top of each cupcake and sprinkle them with the remaining 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips.