Ghirardelli Caramel Rocky Road Brownies
- 1 2/3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons of Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1-teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of cold water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon distilled vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 ounces Ghirardelli Caramel Chips
- 1 cup toasted coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3 ounces Ghirardelli 60% Chocolate Chips
- 10 marshmallows cut into smaller pieces
DirectionsPreheat the oven to 350F.
Position racks in the lower third of the oven.
Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and whisk together thoroughly.
Mix the water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla until well combined.
Pour the liquid over the flour.
Mix just until smooth.
Add chocolate chips, half of the walnuts, and most of the caramel chips (save some for topping), and stir to incorporate.
Scrape the batter onto the lined pan and spread it evenly. Suggested size pan: 8 X 8.
Distribute the marshmallows all over the brownie and poke them into the batter, leaving the tips exposed.
Sprinkle the remaining caramel chips around the marshmallows.
Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the batter no longer jiggles when you tap the pan.
Cool on a rack completely before cutting into squares. May be kept in airtight container for up to 3 days.