Ultra-Dark Chocolate Cookie
- 75g Ghirardelli 72% Cacao Chocolate Chips, melted
- 230g Butter, unsalted, melted
- 225g Light Brown Sugar
- 2.5g Instant Espresso Powder
- 95g Whole Eggs
- 35g Egg Yolks
- 10g Vanilla Extract
- 50g Ghirardelli Superior Cocoa Powder
- 10g Ghirardelli Midnight Cocoa Powder
- 8g Baking Soda
- 150g Powdered Sugar
- 7g Salt
- 330g All-Purpose Flour
- 150g Ghirardelli 72% Cacao Chocolate Chips
In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter and 75g of melted chocolate chips. Whisk in the brown sugar and espresso powder.
Whisk in the whole eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla extract until combined.
Sift the flour, cocoa powders, powdered sugar, baking powder and salt together. Add into the liquid mixture and mix until just combined.
Fold in the remaining chocolate chips. Scoop into 75g rounds and freeze until firm.
Bake cookies on a parchment lined sheet pan at 350F for 12-17 minutes or until edges are just set and tops have a slight sheen.
Allow cookies to cool on pan for 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.