Caffé Mocha Pie
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 4 egg Egg yolks
- 2 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 tablespoon + 1/2 teaspoon Espresso powder, divided
- 4 ounces 100% Cacao Unsweetened Chocolate Baking Bar
- 1 nine-inch Graham cracker crust
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons Confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract or 1 tablespoon rum or brandy
In bowl, whisk together granulated sugar, cornstarch, salt and egg yolks.
In saucepan, heat milk with 1 tablespoon of the espresso powder to just under a simmer, whisk into egg yolk mixture.
Pour back into saucepan; cook, whisking constantly, until thick. Add chocolate; whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
Pour into crust and press plastic wrap onto surface of filling; refrigerate at least 1 hour or until set.
Just before serving, whisk cream with confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and remaining 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder until soft peaks form.
Cut pie into 8 slices; top each slice with a dollop of the whipped cream. (If you prefer, mound the whipped cream on top of the pie and spread it with a spatula before cutting.)