Rich Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
Servings: 10 servings
- 2 cups Granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 3/4 sticks (14 tablespoons) Butter, unsalted, very soft but not melted
- 2 Eggs, large
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Boiling water
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli Mini Semisweet Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 350°F
In a large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients. Add milk and butter, beat on medium for 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until incorporated.
On low speed stir in boiling water until combined, stir in half of the chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
Prepare a 9.5 inch Bundt pan by coating it liberally with pan spray. Evenly pour batter into pan and gently smooth top to create an even surface. Place remaining chips on top and gently lift and tap the pan 2-4 times on your work surface, or until the chips just become covered in batter.
Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out with only a few moist crumbs. Let cool completely before removing from pan. This will take 4 hours at room temperature or 2 hours in the refrigerator.
Serve plain or glaze with Ghirardelli Semisweet Chocolate Glaze or Ghirardelli Brown Sugar Cocoa Glaze.
Store and serve at room temperature.