Ghirardelli's Hot Fudge Sauce
4 ounce Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar
4 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
1.5 cups sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the chocolate (broken into 1/4" pieces) , butter, sugar, water, and light corn syrup.
- Stir the mixture continuously over medium heat until the chocolate and butter have melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- When the sauce comes to a boil, lower the heat and continue boiling gently for 10 minutes.
- Remove the thickened sauce from the heat, and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.
- To reheat, place in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium 6 to 8 minutes, stirring after the first 3 minutes.
You may also like ...