4 cups Ghirardelli Dark Melting Wafers
8 small water balloons
8 ounces Ghirardelli Classic White Baking Chips
4 tablespoons orange Liqueur
2 tablespoons water
1 ¼ cup heavy cream
2 egg whites
- In double boiler over hot water, melt 2 cups of wafers. Cool about 5 minutes.
- Inflate balloons to 4” diameter; knot. Holding balloons by knot, dip into melted product, tipping to cover balloon halfway up. Place balloon, knotted side up, on wax paper-lined baking sheet, holding balloon in place until it starts to set. Repeat with remaining balloons to make 8 cups.
- Place in freezer 5 minutes.
- Melt remaining 2 cup of wafers and repeat dipping procedure; place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Snip hole in each balloon to deflate; carefully peel away from dessert cups.
- Refrigerate until needed. Use the same day.Â
- Fill cups with ice cream, sorbet, mousse or fresh fruit such as raspberries or strawberries into dessert cups.
- In double boiler over hot water, melt white chips with liqueur and water; stir gently to blend. Cool until melted white chips mixture no longer feels warm to the touch.
- In large bowl with electric mixer, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold cream into melted white chip mixture. In large bowl with clean mixer, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. With rubber spatula, fold egg whites into white chips mixture.
- Divide mousse among 6 dessert bowls or glasses.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
Replace products used in the recipe with the Dark Melting Wafers bag.
1 Case containing 6 Pouches (10 oz. each)
1 case containing 12 bags