Caramel Granola Bars
3 cups regular rolled oats 1 cup chopped unsalted almonds 1/2 cup honey1/2 cup packed brown sugar1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract1/2 teaspoon salt
1 10-ounce package Ghirardelli® Caramel Flavored Baking Chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil. Grease the foil; set pan aside.
- In another shallow baking pan, spread oats and almonds evenly. Bake about 8 minutes or until toasted, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the honey, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt. Add oat mixture and stir to coat. Stir in 1 cup of the baking chips.
- Spread mixture onto the prepared baking pan. Press firmly into an even layer. Bake for 20 to 23 minutes or until golden across the top. Remove to a wire rack. Cool 10 minutes.
- Use foil to lift the uncut candy from the pan. Remove the foil. Cut bars crosswise into 12 strips. Cut each strip in half. Melt the remaining baking chips and drizzle over the cut bars. Cool completely.
- Wrap each bar in plastic wrap and store at room temperature up to 3 days or chill up to 2 weeks.
Tip: If desired, substitute your favorite dried fruit for the almonds.