Chocolate Mousse Ingredients
8 oz (2 bars) Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar
2 cups heavy cream
4 eggs, room temperature
2 tablespoons sugar
White Chocolate Mousse Ingredient
8 ounces Ghirardelli Classic White Baking Chips
4 tablespoons orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier
2 tablespoons water
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
2 egg whites
Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- Whip the cream to form light peaks. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Melt the chocolate bars in a large mixing bowl set over barely simmering water. Meanwhile, whip the eggs with the sugar until very fluffy and thick, about 10 minutes.
- The mixture will start to thicken, so work quickly. Quickly stir in the beaten eggs, then fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour or spoon mixture into cups or bowls, and chill until firm, about 2 hours.
White Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- In double boiler over hot water, melt white chips with liqueur and water; stir gently to blend.
- Cool until melted white chips mixture no longer feels warm to the touch.
- In large bowl with electric mixer, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold cream into melted white chip mixture.
- In large bowl with clean mixer, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form.
- With rubber spatula, fold egg whites into white chips mixture.
- Divide mousse among 6 dessert bowls or glasses. Chill at least 1 hour.
- Tips: Instead of orange liqueur 4 tablespoons water and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.