Ghirardelli Caramel Apple Muffin
This product is currently not available.
Out of Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
Ratings & Reviews
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine flour, sugar, and baking powder, cinnamon and salt in large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat.
- Continue to cook, swirling occasionally, until the butter turns golden and smells nutty, 3-5 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Melt the butter on a medium heat while you add the spices, shortly followed by the apple pieces, and sauté for about 5 minutes or until golden, tender and fragrant.
- Whisk together egg, milk, brown butter and vanilla in another bowl. Stir into dry ingredients until just mixed. Fold in the apple and caramel chips.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups or greased muffin cups 3/4 full. Combine the topping ingredients. Sprinkle over the muffin batter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean.
- Ingredients: 2-cup all-purpose flour</br>3/4-cup sugar</br>2 teaspoons baking powder</br>2 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon</br>1/2-teaspoon salt</br>1 egg</br>¼ cup brown butter</br>1-cup whole milk</br>2-teaspoon vanilla extract</br>1/2 cup Ghirardelli Caramel Chips</br></br>FOR THE SAUTÉED APPLE PIECES</br>1-tablespoon butter</br>1 cooking apple, peeled, cored, and cut into ½ inch dice</br>½ teaspoon ground cinnamon</br>¼ teaspoon ground ginger</br></br>FOR THE TOPPING</br>1/2-cup brown sugar, packed</br>1/4-cup quick cooking oats</br>3-tablespoon butter, melted</br>1/2-teaspoon ground cinnamon</br>4-tablespoon all-purpose flour
- BakeTime: 20 Mins
- ContributedBy: Ghirardelli
- ServingSize: 12 Muffins