Mother’s Day Chocolate Cocoa Brownies Ghirardelli Chocolate SQUARES
9 Ghirardelli SQUARES, either Milk Chocolate Caramel or Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
2 large eggs and 1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. Remove from microwave, stir in sugar, and melt both for 30 seconds.
- Stir again and melt for 60 seconds more. Remove mixture from microwave and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, place into large mixing bowl and add in eggs, vanilla extract, and salt. Last, fold in cocoa powder and flour.
- Pour batter into a parchment lined 8"x 8" pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before lightly pressing 9 Ghirardelli SQUARES into the tops of the brownies. The squares will magically melt just slightly so that they stick to the tops of the brownies.
- Cut into 9 brownies and serve!
Photo and Recipe credit: BromaBakery.com
White Chocolate Caramel SQUARES Medium Bags (Case of 6)