Caffé Mocha Pie
This product is currently not available.
|1/2 cup||Granulated sugar|
|4 egg||Egg yolks|
|2 1/2 cups||Milk|
|1 tablespoon + 1/2 teaspoon||Espresso powder, divided|
|4 ounces||100% Cacao Unsweetened Chocolate Baking Bar|
|1 nine-inch||Graham cracker crust|
|1 cup||Heavy cream|
|3 tablespoons||Confectioners’ sugar|
|1 teaspoon||Vanilla extract or 1 tablespoon rum or brandy|
- In bowl, whisk together granulated sugar, cornstarch, salt and egg yolks.
- In saucepan, heat milk with 1 tablespoon of the espresso powder to just under a simmer, whisk into egg yolk mixture.
- Pour back into saucepan; cook, whisking constantly, until thick. Add chocolate; whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into crust and press plastic wrap onto surface of filling; refrigerate at least 1 hour or until set.
- Just before serving, whisk cream with confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and remaining 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder until soft peaks form.
- Cut pie into 8 slices; top each slice with a dollop of the whipped cream. (If you prefer, mound the whipped cream on top of the pie and spread it with a spatula before cutting.)
We also love these...