Luscious Chocolate Ice Cream
This product is currently not available.
Out of Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
Ratings & Reviews
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the cream, milk, and chocolate over medium heat, whisking frequently, until the chocolate melts and the mixture is hot but not boiling.
- Pour this hot mixture into the egg yolk mixture whisking constantly, then return the mixture to the pan. Heat over low heat to 170°F, or until the mixture coats a spoon, stirring constantly. Immediately strain into a bowl and whisk in the vanilla.
- Cool the mixture in the refrigerator or cool by setting in a bowl of ice, whisking frequently.
- Freeze in an ice-cream freezer according to the manufacturer's directions until the ice cream has the consistency of whipped cream. Transfer to a plastic container and store in the freezer.
- This ice cream is best if eaten the same day it is made. If it is frozen, let soften in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes before serving.
- ContributedBy: Ghirardelli
- Ingredients: <p>4 ounces Ghirardelli 70% Cacao Extra Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar<br />3 large egg yolks<br /><sup>1</sup>/<sub>4</sub> cup granulated white sugar<br />1 <sup>1</sup>/<sub>2</sub> cups heavy cream<br /><sup>1</sup>/<sub>2</sub> cup whole milk<br /><sup>1</sup>/<sub>2</sub> teaspoon pure vanilla extract</p>
- ServingSize: 1 quart