3 tablespoons Ghirardelli® Unsweetened Cocoa, plus more for dusting
1?8 teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
6 tablespoons sugar
1?8 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
6 ounces Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips, melted
1 cup all-purpose flour
- Stir together flour, Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat butter on medium speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add sugar, and beat until light in color, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula, about 2 minutes. Add peppermint extract.
- Reduce speed to low, and add flour mixture, scraping with spatula if necessary, until flour is just incorporated and dough sticks together when pinched with fingers. Wrap in plastic wrap, flattening into a disk.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Form dough into 1/2-inch balls, and place on baking sheets.
- Bake until firm, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating halfway through. Let cool completely on wire racks.
- Drizzle cookies with melted Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate.
- Dust with cocoa powder just before serving.
Prep: 30 minutes
Total: 1 hour 20 minutes