Mini Salted Caramel Pies
This product is currently not available.
- Place mini pie shells on a rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- Heat heavy cream in a small sauce pan set over medium low heat until hot and just starting to bubble.
- Place 4 ounces of the bittersweet baking chips in a medium sized bowl and pour cream over the chips. Cover the bowl with a plate and allow to sit for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk chocolate and cream together until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Allow ganache to sit for about 10 minutes.
- Scoop 1/2 teaspoon of ganache into each pie shell and allow to sit at room temperature until chocolate is set.
- Add cream and butter to a small sauce pan set over medium heat and stir until butter is melted and cream is warm. Cover and remove from heat.
- Add sugar, corn syrup and water to a heavy bottomed sauce pan (at least 6 cup capacity) and stir to combine. Attach a candy thermometer to the side of the pot so that the tip of the thermometer is submerged into the sugar mixture, but not touching the bottom of the pan.
- Set the pan over medium high heat, stirring the mixture until the sugar dissolves.Once the sugar dissolves, stop stirring and allow mixture to bubble until the temperature reaches 350°. The color of the sugar will be very quickly turn dark amber toward the end of cooking.
- Once the temperature reaches 350°, remove from heat and gently pour in the cream and butter mixture. The caramel will bubble up furiously and then settle a bit. Once mixture has settled a bit, stir with a heat proof spautula or wooden spoon.
- Add vanilla extract and salt and continue stirring until caramel is smooth and even in color. Allow caramel to set for about 5 minutes.
- Scoop 1/2 teaspoon of caramel onto each mini pie and allow to set at room temperature until caramel is set.
- Place remaining bittersweet baking chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat heating steps until chocolate is melted.
- Transfer to a zip top bag and snip off a very small amount of one corner, creating a fine piping bag. Drizzle melted chocolate over caramel. Sprinkle with salt. Allow chocolate to harden and serve.
- Quick Tip: Use store bought caramels in place of the homemade caramel for a quick alternative.
- Unwrap 12 soft baking caramels and place them in a microwave safe bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of water and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat heating until caramel is melted. Allow caramel to sit for 1 minute.
- Scoop 1/2 teaspoons of caramel on top of each mini pie. Allow caramel to harden.
|24||Mini pre-baked tart/pie shells (1 1/2 inches)|
|1/2 cup||Heavy cream|
|4 ounces||Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips, divided|
|Kosher salt for sprinkling|
|1/2 cup||Heavy cream|
|1 cup||Granulated sugar|
|2 tablespoons||Light corn syrup|
|1 teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
You may also like ...
We also love these...