1 cup creamy peanut butter
4 oz cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 (12 oz) package Ghirardelli* Dark Melting Wafers
1 (12 oz) package Ghirardelli White Melting Wafers
food coloring (optional, for decoration)
- Line a baking sheet or tray with waxed paper. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine peanut butter and cream cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds or until mixture is slightly softened. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Put peanut butter mixture in the freezer for 10 minutes. Remove from the freezer and shape into eggs using two spoons. Place eggsÂ on the prepared baking sheet. Cover and freeze for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Place Ghirardelli® Dark Melting Wafers in a microwave-safe bowl.Â Microwave for 60-90 seconds, until melted. Using a fork, dip eggs into melted mixture, allowing excess to drip back into bowl. Place dipped eggs back onÂ a cooling rack.
- Place Ghirardelli® WhiteÂ Melting Wafers in a microwave-safe bowl.Â Microwave for 60-90 seconds, until melted. Add food coloring of choice. Stir to combine. Using a fork, dip eggs into melted mixture and place onÂ a cooling rack.
- Let cool. Enjoy!
- For decoration, melt Ghirardelli White Candy Making wafers in a microwave safe container (follow directions above). Pour into piping bag and decorate as desired.
- Food coloring can be added to wafers to make Easter colors.
- This recipe can also be reversed, using the White Candy Making Wafers for the Eggs and the Dark Wafers for decoration.