- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy (whipping) cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and then coarsely chopped
- 1 3.5 ounce Ghirardelli Peppermint Baking Bar, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the cream, sugar, flour and almonds. Stir until combined. Cook the mixture over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens, 2- 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and allow batter to cool for 10 minutes.
- For each cookie drop 1 teaspoon of the batter 2 inches apart on the prepared pans. (The cookies will spread as they bake.)
- Bake for 5 minutes and check the cookies. If some of them have mounds of almonds in the middle press gently with a fork to flatten.
- Continue baking until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes more.
- Remove them from the oven and immediately sprinkle the chopped chocolate peppermint on top. When cool remove them from the baking pans.