6 ounces Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar
4 ounces Ghirardelli White Chocolate Baking Bar
1/2 cup dried cherries
2 tablespoons kirsch
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 1/2" pieces
3 large eggs
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Before starting, chop the bittersweet and white chocolate into 1/2" pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Butter an 8" square baking pan.
- Line the bottom and two sides of the pan with a piece of parchment paper; press the parchment paper smoothly against the pan - excess can extend over pan rim.
- In a small pan over low heat, cook the cherries and kirsch just until liquid begins to bubble, about 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes, until the cherries absorb most of the liquid.
- In the top of a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl over barely simmering water, melt the bittersweet chocolate and butter, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Remove from the heat. With a wooden spoon, beat the eggs, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl until blended.
- Stir in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Add the flour, stirring until blended.
- Stir the white chocolate pieces and cherry mixture into the batter.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 to 38 minutes, until a think shiny crust forms on top and the center is soft when gently pressed.
- Cool completely in the pan on a rack for at least 1.5 hours.
- Cut around the pan sides where there is no parchment paper. Lift the brownie out of the pan, then cut it into squares, wiping the blade clean after each cut.