1 basket large strawberries with stems, cleaned and dried12 oz Ghirardelli Dark Melting Wafers4 oz Ghirardelli White Melting Wafers
- Place Ghirardelli Dark Melting Wafers in a microwave-safe container and microwave at half power or defrost setting for 30 seconds.
- Stir thoroughly (product keeps its original shape until stirred).
- If not completely melted, continue to microwave in 15 second intervals and stir until smooth. Overheating can cause wafers to burn.
- Hold each strawberry by stem and dip into melted wafers.
- Place coated strawberries on waxed paper.
- Cool in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes, or until firm.
- Note: You can substitute Ghirardelli Dark Melting Wafers with Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips and Ghirardelli White Melting Wafers with Ghirardelli Classic White Chips by adding 1.5 tbsp. vegetable shortening per 12 oz Chips and following the melting directions above.