Ghirardelli Caramel Rocky Road Brownies
9 to 16 Brownies
12/3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons of Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa Powder1-teaspoon baking soda¼ teaspoon salt1 cup of cold water¼ cup vegetable oil1 tablespoon distilled vinegar2 teaspoons vanilla extract6 ounces Ghirardelli Caramel Chips1 cup toasted coarsely chopped walnuts3 ounces Ghirardelli 60% Chocolate Chips10 marshmallows cut into smaller pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Position racks in the lower third of the oven.
- Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and whisk together thoroughly.
- Mix the water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour the liquid over the flour.
- Mix just until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips, half of the walnuts, and most of the caramel chips (save some for topping), and stir to incorporate.
- Scrape the batter onto the lined pan and spread it evenly. Suggested size pan: 8 X 8.
- Distribute the marshmallows all over the brownie and poke them into the batter, leaving the tips exposed.
- Sprinkle the remaining caramel chips around the marshmallows.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the batter no longer jiggles when you tap the pan.
- Cool on a rack completely before cutting into squares. May be kept in airtight container for up to 3 days.