Milk Chocolate Thumbprint Peanut Butter Bars
2 dozen bars
1 bag (9 oz) Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Thumbprint Drops
1 cup (8 oz) unsalted butter, softened
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
¾ cup peanut butter
1 large egg
1 cup all- purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup peanuts
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment on medium- high speed; mix sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Add peanut butter and mix until combined. Beat in egg until smooth.
- Add in flour, baking soda and salt, all at once. Mix on low speed until combined. Fold in peanuts until evenly distributed.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9x12 inch pan with pan spray and place 2/3 of the dough on the pan. Evenly place Milk Chocolate Thumbprints on dough. Evenly distribute the remaining dough on top of the chocolate.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, until golden on edges and set in middle.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks and let cool completely.
Optional: Drizzle with Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Flavored Candy Wafers and sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
Variation: Make with almond or nut butter of choice.