3-ingredient Flourless Chocolate Cake
20 mins bake time
2 (8 oz) Ghirardelli 70% Extra Bittersweet Chocolate Bars
1/2 Stick (1/4 cup) of butter
(Optional) Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease the sides of an 8-inch round cake pan and line the bottom with a parchment paper circle.
- In a mixer, whip eggs on high speed until doubled in volume, about 5 min.
- Break up chocolate bar and over a water bath, melt chocolate bar and butter.
- Fold one-third of eggs into chocolate mixture until only a few streaks of egg are visible.
- Fold in remaining egg in two parts until mixture homogenizes.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan and smooth surface.
- Bake in hot water bath until cake has slightly risen, edges are just beginning to set and center temperature registers 140°F (approximately 15-20 mins).
- Cool and refrigerate overnight.
- When removing cake from pan: place the pan in a bath of warm water until cake releases from the side then remove from pan.
- Dust with powdered sugar to decorate.
You may also like ...