Unsalted Butter 1 ½ SticksAll-purpose Flour 2 cupsBaking Soda ½ tspKosher Salt ½ tspGranulated Sugar 1/3 cupBrown Sugar 2/3 cupEgg 1Egg Yolk 1Vanilla Extract 1 ½ tspGhirardelli Grand Chips 1 bag (11 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a saucepan melt the butter over low heat. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt until combined. Set Aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together butter, sugar and brown sugar for 2 minutes on medium speed. Scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Add eggs one at a time until well combined. Add vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients in thirds and mix only until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until just incorporated.
- Cover and chill dough for 1 hour or up to overnight. (optional)
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until just starting to brown around the edges.
- Remove and let stand on cookie sheets for 2 minutes. Remove and cool on wire racks.