Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour1 teaspoon ground cinnamon1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg1/4 teaspoon ground allspice1/4 teaspoon ground ginger 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt2 teaspoons baking powder1 teaspoon baking soda1 cup sugar1/2 cup vegetable oil1 cup canned pumpkin1 teaspoon vanilla extract1 large egg1 cup Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil, pumpkin, vanilla and egg until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined, then stir in the chocolate chips. Do not over-mix.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the parchment-lined baking sheets, leaving about two inch between the cookies. Bake for about 12 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in the center of one of the cookies comes out clean. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet on a wire rack for a few minutes, and then remove the cookies with a spatula and finish cooling the directly on the racks.
- Repeat with the remainder of the batter, re-using the baking sheets once they're cool enough.