"Grown Up" Hot Chocolate
1 Hour 25 Minutes
4 ounces Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
1 cup half-and-half
1 tablespoon amaretto (almond liqueur)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup whipped cream
- In saucepan over low heat, bring chocolate and half-and-half to simmer, whisking constantly.
- Simmer 1 minute or until mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat; whisk in liqueur and vanilla.
- Pour into four 1/2-cup demitasse or coffee cups.
- Top each serving with 2 tablespoons whipped cream; dust with Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa (if desired).
- Serve immediately.