Easter Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
This product is currently not available.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line two muffin pans with paper liners; set aside.
- Into a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs and sugar on medium speed for one minute.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the vanilla, oil and buttermilk.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture in three parts alternating with the liquids; beat until combined after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Divide the batter evenly between the cups so that each is two thirds full. Bake rotating halfway until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 15-18 minutes.
- Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate chips in 30 second intervals stirring in between until completely melted. Alternatively melt chocolate in a double boiler; stirring occasionally until smooth. Set aside and cool till lukewarm.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, powder sugar, and salt on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to medium, and add melted chocolate and vanilla extract, beat until well combined.
- Gradually add milk to chocolate mixture while beating on medium-low speed until desired consistency is reached.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Let frosting set for five minutes.
- Decorate the cupcakes by placing a Ghirardelli Chocolate Square on top of the frosting.
100% Cacao Unsweetened Chocolate Chips are made with top quality cocoa beans and no added sugar - perfect for any baking or cooking experience. Ghirardelli makes life a bite better.
|2 cups||All-purpose flour|
|1 1/2 teaspoons||Baking powder|
|3/4 teaspoon||Baking soda|
|1 1/3 cups||Granulated sugar|
|1 tablespoon||Vanilla extract|
|3/4 cup||Vegetable oil|
|1 cup + 2 tablespoons (6 oz)||Ghirardelli 100% Cocoa Unsweetened Chocolate Baking Chips|
|3/4 cup||Unsalted butter, softened|
|3 cups||Powdered sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon||Kosher salt|
|2 teaspoons||Vanilla extract|
You may also like ...
We also love these...