2 ounces Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar
1 cup flour
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
24 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Crust: Combine the flour, pecans, butter, and brown sugar; mix well. Press the mixture onto the bottom of an ungreased 8 or 9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake 15 to 16 minutes, or until light golden brown. Let cool while preparing batter.
- Batter: Melt the chocolate (broken into 1-inch pieces) in a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir the chocolate occasionally until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract until well blended. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Remove 1 cup batter and reserve. Add the melted chocolate to the mixing bowl and combine.
- Spoon the chocolate batter over the crust. Pour the 1 cup of reserved plain batter over the chocolate batter.
- Using the blade of a butter knife, swirl the batter to create a marbled effect.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Place the pan on a wire rack and cool to room temperature. Cover, and transfer the pan to the refrigerator to chill, approximately 3 hours.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.