No-Bake Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Bon Bons
6 whole graham crackers1/2 cup smooth almond butter1/2 cup butter (8 tablespoons)2 cups powdered sugar1 1/2 Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips
- Seal graham crackers in a large ziplock bag and then just completely destroy them with the flat side of a meat tenderizer. Or a rolling pin or a mallet or your own two golden fists of fury, whatever you want, just beat the bejesus out of those crackers until you are left with a sack of graham cracker powder, which you may then pour into a large bowl.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the almond butter and butter together until smooth; this should take no more than 1 minute of microwave time, in two 30-second intervals, mixing in between. Stir until blended, and then pour into the bowl with the graham cracker crumbs.
- Add powdered sugar to the bowl and mix it all together until combined into a dough. It will take some time to get all of the powdered sugar incorporated. Patience is a virtue.
- Roll dough into small, 1-inch balls and spread out on a baking sheet. You may want to line this with parchment paper to make the next step easier, but at this juncture that is not required. Stick into the fridge or freezer to harden.
- Melt dark chocolate chips (in a double boiler or in the microwave) and stir until smooth and perfect. Dunk each ball into the melted chocolate, and then return to the lined baking sheet. We like to do halfway in chocolate, but all the way would be, of course, totally allowed, because there is not such thing as too much chocolate. For the cleanest experience, dip balls by stabbing them with a long skewer and then placing them, skewer and all, back on the baking sheet.
- Keep it the fridge or freezer until ready to serve