Mini Chocolate Cinnamon Buns
This product is currently not available.
Out of Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
Ratings & Reviews
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl whisk together buttermilk and butter.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together. Transfer mixture to a lightly floured surface and knead until dough becomes smooth (dough will be sticky at first).
- Make filling: Finely chop 1/2 cup Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and combine with sugar, butter and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix well.
- Roll out dough into a 12x8-inch rectangle and spread with filling, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Gently press into the dough. Roll lengthwise so you have a 12-inch long log and cut into 12, 1-inch pieces.
- Grease a mini muffin tin and place each cinnamon roll in a space. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing.
- Melt remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl on high for 20 seconds.
- Stir and continue to heat in 15- to 20-second increments, stirring each time, until melted and smooth. Beat cream cheese in a mixer until creamy. Add chocolate and confectioners’ sugar and beat until fluffy and combined.
- Spread or pipe frosting on top of mini cinnamon rolls and serve immediately.
Prep: 15 minutes
Total: 1 hour 15 minutes
- ContributedBy: Ghirardelli
- Ingredients: <p>2-<sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>4</sub> cups all-purpose flour<br />2 tablespoons granulated sugar<br />1 teaspoon baking powder<br /><sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>4</sub> teaspoon baking soda<br /><sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>4</sub> teaspoon salt<br />1 cup buttermilk<br />5 tablespoons butter, melted & divided<br />1 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips, divided<br /><sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>4</sub> cup light brown sugar<br /><sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> teaspoon ground cinnamon<br />4 ounces cream cheese, softened<br />2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar</p>
- ServingSize: 1 dozen