Ghirardelli Chocolate prides itself on community involvement in aiding local public non-profit organizations through in-kind donations of chocolate products. Ghirardelli has established guidelines to follow when considering eligible organizations due to the frequency and extent of recent submissions. Please also note that Ghirardelli favors organizations that advocate in the interests of children and families, and that are focused on the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Donation requests will be considered only if your organization meets the following criteria:
- Must be a public organization with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
- Must be within the immediate area of the corporate headquarters of the Ghirardelli Chocolate Company at 1111 139th Ave., San Leandro, CA 94578
- Must not be disqualified by any of the below stated donation exemptions
- An organization is limited to only one donation receipt within a 12-month period.
- Due to increased requests for in-kind donations, Ghirardelli cannot support the following:
- Organizations that are not registered charities with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
- Political, religious, or ethnic groups and programs
- Lobbying or advocacy groups
- Private schools, foundations, or clubs
- Labor organizations
- Third-party fundraising organizations
- Individuals or for-profit businesses
- Organized sport teams or leagues
- Fraternal organizations
- Conferences, conventions, seminars, workshops, telethons, or corporate picnics
- Solicitations to Advertise
Ghirardelli Chocolate does not provide monetary donations or consider sponsorship requests.
Send requests to email@example.com and be sure to include:
- Date of event
- Approximate number of attendees/participants
- Preferred product and use (raffle, table favors, goody bags, etc.)
Please allow three to six weeks for processing. The submitting person or organization will be notified if approved for an in-kind donation.