72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Nut Butter Cups
|1 cup||Ghirardelli 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Chips, divided|
|1/3 cup||Creamy natural peanut butter or almond butter|
|1/4 teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|Pinch||Salt, plus extra for topping|
|2 tablespoons||Powdered sugar|
- Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt 3/4 cup of Ghirardelli 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Chips, by microwaving in 30 second increments and stirring in between.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup of Ghirardelli 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Chips and stir. Allow this mixture to cool slightly while preparing the filling.
- In a small bowl mix together nut butter, vanilla extract, salt and powdered sugar. Set aside.
- If the Ghirardelli 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Chips haven’t fully melted, return to microwave and heat in 5 second increments stirring in between until smooth, be careful not to overheat.
- Spoon about 2-3 teaspoons worth of melted chocolate into the bottom of the paper liner. Gently tilt and swirl chocolate to coat the bottom and 3/4 inch up the sides of the paper liner. Repeat with remaining paper liners and place in fridge until chocolate is set about 5 minutes.
- Add about 2 teaspoons of peanut butter filling into the cavity of each chocolate cup, spread to form an even layer.
- Add another 2-3 teaspoons of chocolate on top of nut butter filling and tap gently to spread chocolate over peanut butter. Sprinkle with sea salt and return to fridge for 10-15 minutes until chocolate is set.
72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Premium Baking Chips are made with top quality cocoa beans and real vanilla extract - perfect for any baking or snacking experience. Ghirardelli makes life a bite better.
100% Cacao Unsweetened Chocolate Chips are made with top quality cocoa beans and no added sugar - perfect for any baking or cooking experience. Ghirardelli makes life a bite better.