72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Nut Butter Cups
Yummy dark chocolate peanut butter cups recipe from Ghirardelli. Make either homemade peanut butter cups or dark chocolate almond butter cups with this easy recipe.
|1 cup||Ghirardelli 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Chips, divided|
|1/3 cup||Creamy natural peanut butter or almond butter|
|1/4 teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|Pinch||Salt, plus extra for topping|
|2 tablespoons||Powdered sugar|
- Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt 3/4 cup of Ghirardelli 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Chips, by microwaving in 30 second increments and stirring in between.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup of Ghirardelli 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Chips and stir. Allow this mixture to cool slightly while preparing the filling.
- In a small bowl mix together nut butter, vanilla extract, salt and powdered sugar. Set aside.
- If the Ghirardelli 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Chips haven’t fully melted, return to microwave and heat in 5 second increments stirring in between until smooth, be careful not to overheat.
- Spoon about 2-3 teaspoons worth of melted chocolate into the bottom of the paper liner. Gently tilt and swirl chocolate to coat the bottom and 3/4 inch up the sides of the paper liner. Repeat with remaining paper liners and place in fridge until chocolate is set about 5 minutes.
- Add about 2 teaspoons of peanut butter filling into the cavity of each chocolate cup, spread to form an even layer.
- Add another 2-3 teaspoons of chocolate on top of nut butter filling and tap gently to spread chocolate over peanut butter. Sprinkle with sea salt and return to fridge for 10-15 minutes until chocolate is set. Then enjoy every delicious bite of these dark chocolate peanut butter cups!
72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Premium Baking Chips are made with top quality cocoa beans and real vanilla extract - perfect for any baking or snacking experience. Ghirardelli makes life a bite better.
100% Cacao Unsweetened Chocolate Chips are made with top quality cocoa beans and no added sugar - perfect for any baking or cooking experience. Ghirardelli makes life a bite better.