Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
4 dozen cookies
10 ounces Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar
11 1/2 ounces Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Baking Chips
1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups unsifted flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
1 cup pecans (or walnuts), coarsely chopped
- Melt bittersweet chocolate bar (broken into pieces) in top of double boiler over hot water.
- Beat butter and sugars together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Turn mixer down to lowest speed, add eggs and vanilla. In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder. Add half of the flour mixture to creamed butter, stirring after each addition. Add half of the melted chocolate. Stir until ingredients are well blended.
- Add remaining flour, stirring completely; add remaining chocolate. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drop 2 tablespoonful of dough per cookie onto non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350°F. (Adjust baking time accordingly for smaller cookies.)
- Remove cookies to wire rack. Store in airtight container at room temperature or in freezer for longer storage.
1 Case containing 12 bars
1 case containing 12 bags