12 ounces Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
10 ounces Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
6 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup chopped walnuts
- In double boiler over hot water, melt bittersweet chocolate chips and butter.
- In large bowl with electric mixer or whisk, beat eggs and sugar until thick; stir into chocolate mixture.
- In small bowl, stir together flour and baking powder; stir into chocolate mixture.
- Gently mix in semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Using a sheet of plastic wrap, form dough into two logs, each 2 inches in diameter and about 12 inches long. As dough will be quite soft, use plastic wrap to hold dough in log shape.
- Wrap tightly; refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Unwrap dough; with sharp knife, cut into 3/4 inch slices.
- Place slices 1 1/2 inches apart on greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until shiny crust forms on top but interior is still soft. Cool on baking sheet; store in airtight tin up to 1 week.