12 ouncesGhirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup unsifted flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
3 cups oats, uncooked
1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy and lightened in color (about 4 minutes).
- Add vanilla and egg, and mix on low speed until incorporated. Stir flour with baking soda, salt, and spices; add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Stir in oats. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes for a chewy cookie, 10 to 11 minutes for a crisp cookie.
- Cool 1 minute on a cookie sheet; remove to wire cooling racks. Store in tightly covered container. Makes about 6 dozen 2" cookies.