Chocolate Chip Cookies
4 dozen cookies
2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips (contains milk)
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cups unsifted flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Stir flour with baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy and lightened in color.
- Add eggs and vanilla, one at a time. Mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
Note: The 2 cups of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips can be substituted with any variety of chip flavor (i.e.- Milk Chocolate Chips, 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips, etc.)