Chocolate Cupcake with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting and Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Square
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 12 cupcake molds or muffin tins with paper liners or spray with nonstick spray.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Whisk in the milk, coffee, and melted butter.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients.
- Mix in 60% Bittersweet Chocolate Chips.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake molds, filling them about three-quarters full.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the middle of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Using a small spatula or knife, remove the cupcakes from the pan.
- Continue to cool on a wire rack to room temperature.
- Mix together butter and cream cheese.
- Add vanilla and caramel sauce until thoroughly mixed.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at a low speed until well combined.
Contains 80 Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel SQUARES
Assorted Chocolate Bag of SQUARES for Gifts 80 pc
1 case containing 6 pouches
One case containing 12 bottles
|1/4 cup||Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa|
|1 10oz Bag||Ghirardelli 60% Bittersweet Chocolate Chips|
|1 1/8 cups||All-purpose flour|
|1 1/4 teaspoon||Baking soda|
|1/2 cup||Light brown sugar, firmly packed|
|1/2 cup||Granulated white sugar|
|5/8 cup||Whole milk|
|1/3 cup||Strong brewed coffee or espresso|
|1/2 cup or 1 stick||Unsalted butter|
|12||Ghirardelli Caramel Squares|
|4 oz||Soft butter|
|4 oz||Soft cream cheese|
|2 cups||Powdered sugar|
|1/2 cup||Ghirardelli Caramel Sauce|
After cupcakes are cool, spread frosting on top of cupcakes. Drizzle more Caramel Sauce and place Ghirardelli Caramel Squares on top.