Ultra-Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
This product is currently not available.
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a food processor, crush the graham crackers into a fine crumb. Add the cocoa powders and powdered sugar, pulse to combine.
- Gradually pulse in the melted butter to combine.
- Press all the crust mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan going up the sides with the crust about 1 inch. We recommend using the bottom of a metal measuring cup for a constant easy press. The crust should be firmly packed.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a stand mixer on low speed with a wire whip attachment, whip together the room temperature cream cheese, sugar and cocoa powder.
- Add in the sour cream, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon and mix on low until well combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl along the way.
- In 3 increments, add in the melted chocolate and whip until combined, scraping the bowl after each addition.
- Also in 3 increments, add in the eggs, scraping the bowl after each addition.
- Wrap the springform pan containing the baked crust with aluminum foil. Be sure that the foil goes up 3/4 of the side of the pan.
- Pour the cheesecake batter evenly into the crust.
- Place the springform pan into a larger baking pan and fill with enough warm water to reach half way up the sides of the springform pan. Do not fill past the aluminum lining to prevent water from seeping into the pan.
- Carefully place cheesecake in the oven at 325F and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. The center should be set but slightly jiggly. If needed, increase bake time in increments of 5-10 minutes until the cheesecake is done.
- Once baked, turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake in the closed oven for 30 minutes. Then, crack the oven slightly open and leave cheesecake for another 30 minutes. This slow cooling prevents cracks from forming in the cheesecake.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and water bath. Wrap with plastic film and chill in fridge to fully set for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Heat the cream to just before boiling and pour over the chocolate chips in a bowl. Allow it to sit for 2-3 minutes then whisk until smooth. Whisk in the corn syrup until smooth.
- Pour the ganache over the cooled cheesecake and spread into an even layer. Place the cheesecake back into the fridge for 10-15 minutes or until the ganache is set.
- In a large bowl, melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave in 15-30 second increments. Set aside.
- To make the custard, heat the cream and milk together in a medium saucepan until it begins to boil.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the sugar and egg yolks and pour 1/3 of the hot cream and milk mixture into the egg mixture and whisk together. Once mixed, pour the egg mixture back in into the saucepan with the remaining cream and milk.
- Cook the mixture until it reaches 180F while whisking continuously.
- Strain the custard and mix into the melted chocolate using a whisk. For a better emulsion, we recommend using an immersion blender.
- Allow the custard to cool completely in the fridge. Then whip in a stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Pipe onto cheesecake to decorate.
|189 g||Graham Crackers|
|100 g||Butter, unsalted, melted|
|30 g||Ghirardelli Midnight Cocoa Powder|
|25 g||Ghirardelli Sunrise Cocoa Powder|
|70 g||Powdered Sugar|
|680 g||Cream Cheese, softened to room temp|
|350 g||Granulated Sugar|
|25 g||Ghirardelli Midnight Cocoa Powder|
|50 g||Ghirardelli Sunrise Cocoa Powder|
|230 g||Sour Cream|
|300 g||Ghirardelli 72% Cacao Chocolate Chips, melted|
|200 g||Whole Eggs|
|4 g||Vanilla Extract|
Dark Chocolate Ganache Topping
|115 g||Ghirardelli 72% Cacao Chocolate Chips|
|80 g||Half and Half|
|13 g||Corn Syrup|
Dark Chocolate Crémeux
|200 g||Heavy Cream|
|200 g||Whole Milk|
|80 g||Egg Yolks|
|200 g||Ghirardelli 72% Cacao Chocolate Chips|
Dark Graham Cracker Crust
Dark Chocolate Ganache Topping
Dark Chocolate Crémeux (enough to decorate two cheesecakes)
Midnight Dutch-Process Cocoa Powder
72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Chips
Sunrise Dutch-Process Cocoa Powder
Superior Dutch-Process Cocoa Powder
We also love these...