Jar Layer Cake
Cake:4 ounces 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar or Chips1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa1/2 cup unsalted butter br>1/2 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar1 tablespoon light corn syrup1 cup all-purpose flour1/2 teaspoon baking soda2 large eggs, beaten1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 1/2 cup whole milkOther:Whipped creamGhirardelli Caramel Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Butter the bottoms and sides of a sheet pan, and line with parchment paper.
- To make the cake, in the top of a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl over barely simmering water, melt together 4 ounces (1 bar) of the bittersweet chocolate, butter, sugar, and corn syrup, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, and baking soda.
- Gently mix in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, and milk and beat with a spoon until well blended.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the two prepared pans.
- Bake for 20- 25 minutes, until firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and cool on wire racks.
- When cool, cut rounds the size of mason jars.
- Scoop into mason jar and layer with whipped cream and Ghirardelli Caramel Sauce. Repeat.