Chocolate caramel cupcakes with Caramel Cream Cheese frosting and Bourbon Caramel Square
1/4 cup Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa
1 10 oz Bag Ghirardelli Caramel Chips
1 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
5/8 cup whole milk
1/3 cup strong brewed coffee or espresso
1/2 cup (or 1 stick) unsalted butter
12 Ghirardelli Caramel Squares
4 oz soft butter
4 oz soft cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup Ghirardelli Caramel sauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 12 cupcake molds or muffin tins with paper liners or spray with nonstick spray.
To make the cupcakes:
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Whisk in the milk, coffee, and melted butter.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients.
- Mix in Caramel Chips.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake molds, filling them about three-quarters full.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the middle of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Using a small spatula or knife, remove the cupcakes from the pan.
- Continue to cool on a wire rack to room temperature.
To make frosting:
- Mix together butter and cream cheese.
- Add vanilla and caramel sauce until thoroughly mixed.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at a low speed until well combined.
After cupcakes are cool, spread frosting on top of cupcakes. Drizzle more Caramel Sauce and place Ghirardelli Caramel Squares on top.
Assorted Chocolate Bag of SQUARES for Gifts 80 pc
1 case containing 6 pouches
One case containing 12 bottles