1 1/2 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bars
1/4 cup heavy cream
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
2 egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup cake flour
- To make centers, melt 2 ounces of chocolate (1/2 a baking bar) and cream in double boiler.ÂÂ Whisk gently to blend.
- Refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.
- Form into 6 balls; refrigerate until needed.
- To make cake, heat oven to 400°F.
- Spray six 4-ounce ramekins or custard cups with cooking spray.
- Melt 4 ounces of chocolate (1 baking bar) and butter in double boiler; whisk gently to blend.
- With an electric mixer, whisk eggs, yolks, sugar, and vanilla on high speed about 5 minutes or until thick and light. Fold melted chocolate mixture and flour into egg mixture just until combined.
- Spoon cake batter into ramekins. Place a chocolate ball in the middle of each ramekin.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until cake is firm to the touch.
- Let it sit out of the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Run a small, sharp knife around inside of each ramekin, place a plate on top, invert and remove ramekin. Garnish with raspberries and a dollop of whipped cream.