Grand Chocolate Chip Cookie
8 - 10 mins
1 bag (11 oz.) Ghirardelli Grand Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 ½ Sticks Unsalted Butter
2 cups All-purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
2/3 cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg Yolk
1 ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a saucepan melt the butter over low heat. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt until combined. Set Aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together butter, sugar and brown sugar for 2 minutes on medium speed. Scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Add eggs one at a time until well combined. Add vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients in thirds and mix only until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until just incorporated.
- Cover and chill dough for 1 hour or up to overnight. (optional)
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until just starting to brown around the edges.
- Remove and let stand on cookie sheets for 2 minutes. Remove and cool on wire racks.