Chocolate Truffle Cookies with Sea Salt
|1/4 cup||All-purpose flour|
|1/4 teaspoon||Baking powder|
|1 1/2 cups||Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Baking Chips, for melting into the cookie dough|
|2 tablespoons||Butter, unsalted|
|1/2 cup||Granulated sugar|
|1 teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|1/3 cup||Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Baking Chips, for mixing into the prepared cookie dough|
|2 tablespoons||Coarse sea salt|
- In a heatproof bowl over a double boiler, melt chocolate and butter until smooth.
- Turn off the stove and let chocolate sit over warm water.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt and mix to combine. In another bowl, mix together sugar and eggs, combine thoroughly with a whisk and slowly add the warm chocolate mixture. Stir to combine. Add vanilla extract and mix. Stir in flour mixture. Cool for a few minutes (if batter is warm, chocolate chips will melt). Stir in chocolate chips. Chill for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Scoop rounded tablespoons of batter and place on baking tray. Sprinkle each cookie lightly with a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 7-8 minutes until the outside looks slightly cracked. Be very careful not to over bake cookies because they will continue to bake as they cool once removed from the oven. Cookies should be soft and gooey in the center.
- For a chunky and different twist add one of the following: 3/4 cup toasted pecans or pistachios, 1/4 cup chopped candied ginger or 1/3 cup sweetened coconut.
72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Premium Baking Chips are made with top quality cocoa beans and real vanilla extract - perfect for any baking or snacking experience. Ghirardelli makes life a bite better.
100% Cacao Unsweetened Chocolate Chips are made with top quality cocoa beans and no added sugar - perfect for any baking or cooking experience. Ghirardelli makes life a bite better.